DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to autozone and O'Reillys to get BOV gasket and they can't seem to find it and I don't know where else to go. Does anyone know the part number to the gaskets for the BOV?

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you look up a first-gen Eclipse on the parts system O'Reilly's uses, you can find a turbo gasket set. It's a fel-pro set, includes about a dozen different gaskets. I'm not positive, but I think that set includes the BOV gasket. It's somewhere between $20 and $25. Not sure about your local store, but if you order one through mine, if it doesn't have what you need me or my associates will take it back. lol

~Zach

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Cut your own. Use scissors for the outter edge and a handheld hole punch to make the holes for the bolt. You can also drill out the material with the proper sized drill bit against a board to make a clean exact hole.
Srsly u guyz. We're DSMers FFS :rolleyes:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Cut your own. Use scissors for the outter edge and a handheld hole punch to make the holes for the bolt. You can also drill out the material with the proper sized drill bit against a board to make a clean exact hole.
Wait I forgot I have full gasket set in my garage :chair: Gonna go check to see if BOV is in it.

Edit: Nope no gasket in there. :(

·
3,305 Posts
If you look up a first-gen Eclipse on the parts system O'Reilly's uses, you can find a turbo gasket set. It's a fel-pro set, includes about a dozen different gaskets. I'm not positive, but I think that set includes the BOV gasket. It's somewhere between $20 and $25. Not sure about your local store, but if you order one through mine, if it doesn't have what you need me or my associates will take it back. lol

~Zach
Yep that's same kit I got mine in, I was going to post pretty much the same thing

swade

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Yes and no.

Don't try and explain it, they are all morons with a single digit IQ.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ya, most autoparts store employees aren't very good at finding what you want. It took me a week to get the correct axle seal. Not completely the store's fault since Timken had it wrong in their book. I finally found it online and ordered it in the store. It came in and was wrong, but the seal dimensions were way off from what Timkin said it show be. I crossed the number and found out it was misboxed seal. I took it to the store and they were confused. They kept saying "how do you know it is misboxed" and they didn't want to order another one. They finally gave in and reorded it. This time it was right. It pays to look up parts for yourself on the manufacturer's site before you go in. In my case they were the wrong ones. You can't win them all.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok I got four pack of gasket material now I noticed on the bov gasket there was some gooey stuff like RTV I told the guy that and he gave me indian head gasket sealer is that what I need for the BOV gasket or is there certain brand I need to get.

·
2,306 Posts
Ok I got four pack of gasket material now I noticed on the bov gasket there was some gooey stuff like RTV I told the guy that and he gave me indian head gasket sealer is that what I need for the BOV gasket or is there certain brand I need to get.

I only use indian head gasket sealer on things like the oil pump and oil filter housing, for the BOV gasket just plane black permatex RTV will work. I have Bov gaskets here but just use rtv instead.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I only use indian head gasket sealer on things like the oil pump and oil filter housing, for the BOV gasket just plane black permatex RTV will work. I have Bov gaskets here but just use rtv instead.
I don't have any RTV... Just wondering if indian head will ok or will I run into problems? :dunno:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts