DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you still get this serviced by the dealer? I don't know if the lady who owned it before me ever got it done. How could I find out? Or could I take it in to get done?

·
Registered
871 Posts
as far as i know, recalls are good for the life of the car. go to dsm.org and find the info and get the recall number for your specific year and take that number to the dealer and tell them you want it checked. once at the dealer they will run your vin and will be able to tell you if the recall was done or even checked. my dealer was cool and gave me a bunch of info telling me if my car had floor mats when it was sold, the original owner, and little things like if it had a cargo net or heated mirrors. but they still didn't replace my leaky transfer case :(

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why didn't they do your transfer case?

·
Registered
871 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 91TalonAWD:
Why didn't they do your transfer case?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well they claimed it wasn't leaking, even though i had been monitering it since i bought the car and i knew forsure it was leaking. they said that the moisture on the underbody was water from the roads(it was raining out the first time i took it in)then the second time i took it in the tech just said it wasn't leaking and we got into a verbal argument about it. he basically said he is a proffesional at this stuff and it wasn't leaking. so i said fu ck it and left. i figure as long as i keep checking it, it will be ok as i haven't actually had to add any yet, but i also change it every third(1000 miles in between oil changes) oil change so it should be ok. when i brake the transfer case from racing i'll drain all the fluid and call chrysler headquarters :D

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

1 - 4 of 4 Posts