DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at the local hang out and i was talking to someone and they said that apparently pontiac is considering putting one of their concept grand prix into production. i saw it at the Detroit international auto show like 2 years ago but i hear it was simply a concept car and they weren't going to make them. i think it was called the gt8 or something like that rummored at 345hp if anyone knows anything about this could you let me know

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
he's confusing it with the new gto that looks kinda like the grand prix from the artists concepts.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If I remember correctly it looked very similar to the Grand Prix but was called GTO. Yes it was around 350hp and I think that was through supercharger as well.

·
Registered
672 Posts
elhalish said:
If I remember correctly it looked very similar to the Grand Prix but was called GTO. Yes it was around 350hp and I think that was through supercharger as well.
the GTO as a 345hp ls1(vette motor) with no superchager...

if I remember correctly it's already been made, it's sold as a Holden(not sure of model name) in Australia.. stilla very cool, very quick AWD family car...

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
the only thing the holden/gto has in common with the gtp is the fact that they look the same.

the grand prix they built was an lt1 with the automatic awd system from an aztec ( don't ask me how it held up, might be why it didn't get built)

the holden/gto is an ls1 powered rwd sedan, basically a camaro under a big body. you can get it with either a 6 speed or an auto.

but the holden/gto is definitely not awd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts