DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks in advance for the help and info, Ive owned three Dsm's but that was 20 years ago or so. I am purchasing a 95 GST for a full rebuild and would like a massive amount of input so i can put a plan together. This has been a dream build for quite some time and will take a long time to complete. The car is also a perfect reason to get my sons involved who are 3 and 5 years old. I expect 2-3 years until its completed and plan to only do this properly, no shortcuts. I have an idea of the finished car but there are so many options with a full build that id really like to research as much as possible. Id like 3-350hp, an excellent suspension that can put the hp on the ground, the 97-99 front bumper conversion with splitter, the high 99 gsx wing but havent decided on the bumper, I need to research the 6 bolt information(not really sure about it), and id like input for everything else that i can consider. The Eprom ECU is what pulled me towards a 95 but would like to know more about its capabilities. Im going to spend a lot of time on this site so i'll be asking plenty of questions. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
11 Posts
The stock 7 bolt motor will net you 300-350 easy. The weakest point is the stock rods but they will hold up to your goals, which is nice that you have a "plan" in place. A bastard 20g turbo, larger injectors and ECMLink for the computer for tuning. We have been as fast as 11.5 at the track on stock cams but a much bigger turbo/header/injectors/Link on a stock 7 bolt. I build them and my boys (and I) drive/beat on them. I have my own, a 92 Talon. When you get "turbo" fever, it gives you smiles for miles!

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,289 Posts
The 95' front and rear are getting to be very rare, you might consider keeping them!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm in process of building my 1990 talon TSI AWD, in my experience with the current build, you will need a new fuel tank, and most likely want/need to replace/upgrade the entire fuel system as most of the key parts are unavailable. I went with jmfabrication fuel cell, walbro 255, fuel lab afpr, Weldon Pump Racing fuel filter, and modified sending unit to use with -6 braided feed and return lines. I have 850cc fic injectors and ECM link, (not installed yet). Currently waiting on ARP manifold stud kit, and my td05h turbine housing has a small crack/chip missing. I'm looking for a replacement cast housing, or I will weld the damaged area and grind down smooth. Megan racing down pipe, cat delete, HKS high exhaust. Some custom exhaust work is needed mate the test pipe to the HKS pipe. I cut flange off of HKS and replaced with 2.5" flange, as stock flange on his is only 2.1 " . I am fixing all engine and drivetrain related areas first, then move on to the body restoration. Good luck with your build.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts