DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well to start off, on my second run i went through 1st and 2nd fine but when i went to shift to third, i grinded it realllllllllly back and boy could i smell it. it scared the f#@$ outta me cause i was afraid i broke somethin. anyways when i talked to some guys about it they said i might have mess up my syncros. This is what my car does now.... in third, forth, and fifth gear above 3500rpm it doesnt feel like the car is catching and it almost feels like the car is revving even though it is in gear. just for info, the last run i ran, i finished i SHITTY [email protected] cause of whatever is wrong with my car....so is it the clutch or somethin else? :confused: :confused: :confused: TIA

·
Registered
668 Posts
I believe if your in gear and it feels like its reving then your clutch is slipping, "free reving".

Just go out and buy an ACT2600 and you'll be fine

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i talked to some guy from AAMCO and he said it was probably a fork problem like rippin said but couldnt be exact until they actually took a good look at it, so im gunna be bringin it in tomorrow to see. does anyone know how much somethin like this would cost if its the fork???

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it turned out to be the clutch that was gone and not the forks but thanx for throwin in what you guys know. maybe it was the way i described my problem, didnt do it very well :rolleyes: anyways, i would get the ACT 2600 but im short on cash and cant wait for it to be shipped here because i got to move to long beach next week so i cant wait, so i get to stick with the stock set up. oh well, thanx again guys!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I was working on my wife's TA. So, she takes off with my Laser. She returned with a story of how she'd been street racing with some guy out on the highway (boy, I showed him). Meanwhile, the garage is filling with this putrid smell. So, to make a long story short, clutches can go all of the sudden given the right circumstances. :D

·
Registered
430 Posts
barney said:
I was working on my wife's TA. So, she takes off with my Laser. She returned with a story of how she'd been street racing with some guy out on the highway (boy, I showed him). Meanwhile, the garage is filling with this putrid smell. So, to make a long story short, clutches can go all of the sudden given the right circumstances. :D
lol thas funny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts