DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive stll got my stock dbl din w/eq unit in my '95. The FM reception has always been poor. (AM isn't great either) At 45 miles out of the city in hilly terrain I am in sort of a fringe area, but my wive's and friend's cars all get better reception than I do.

Any "easy" solution? Radio Shi.. ah Shack sells those cheesy looking FM boosters that have an on/off awitch and mount under the dash. Worth getting one of those and hiding it under the dash or kick panel with the switch always "on"?

------------------
Ted - 95 GSX
[email protected] MPH

·
Honorary Moderator
653 Posts
I bought one of those once, except mine was from Kame-apart. I was not happy with it. While, yes, it did increase the signal, it also increased the static noise. It didn't give me that better of reception any farther away than the stock did, just boosted the sound, static and all. It's easy enough to install, and if you don't like it you can always take it back. Maybe Radio Shacks will work for you, better than mine.

------------------
John Lewis
1991 Eclipse GS Turbo

·
Registered
213 Posts
Tell you what, I had REALLY bad reception once and it turned out the antenna was disconnected in the trunk. Go to the hatch on the back driver's side. In that back corner there is a wire that jacks into the actual antenna. Shove it back in place if it's loose. This might be a nice quick and cheap fix for ya.

------------------
* John G. Gauthier
* www.DarkLightning.com
* [email protected]
* 1991 Talon TSi AWD

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
I also have very bad fm reception in my 95 but the weird thing is, my reception becomes perfect if I turn the car off and leave it on acc. :confused: It seems to be related to the relay that turns off when the ignition is turned off. I don't think it was always like this but now I just listen to cd's a bunch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts