DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Easy way to sifin bad gas out? take back seat out and pull fuel pump and sifin that way? any help?

Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks... can I pretty much hot wire the fuel pump right at it if I pull the back seat? and unbolt the fuel line the the rail and let it drain?

Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
A way we do it at the Honda dealership I work at is find the fuel pump relay, pull out the relay and insert a jumper wire to make the fuel pump turn on whenever the key is on and disconnect the fuel line, and simply turn on the key. I'm almost positive this should work for our cars as well. obviously all you will need is to have a schematic to know which wires to jump. The fuel pump will do all the work itself and pump the gas right out.

·
Registered
284 Posts
evo3turbo said:
A way we do it at the Honda dealership I work at is find the fuel pump relay, pull out the relay and insert a jumper wire to make the fuel pump turn on whenever the key is on and disconnect the fuel line, and simply turn on the key. I'm almost positive this should work for our cars as well. obviously all you will need is to have a schematic to know which wires to jump. The fuel pump will do all the work itself and pump the gas right out.
Yup, that's the best way to do it. just be sure to keep an eye on the fuel guage: you don't want to run the fuel pump dry for too long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.