DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I am getting horrible mileage and am staying in ptown oregon with relatives while training for a job. I have checked the usual and the only code is the 0505 idle control error. 10 gallons have given me roughly 170 miles. I usually average 24mpg. Is there anyone in hillsboro, tigard area that could help a brother out and run a logger on the car to see if they spot anything funny. The rear of the car is covered with soot and seems to be running way ritch. I plugged a couple of small vacuum leaks, but I think there is still a bigger problem.

Thanks pm me your number if you can help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Are you hitting more stopped traffic - idling (a lot) more? That seems like pretty dismal mileage. I was going to see if you were in the mountains and getting less oxygen, but according to Google Earth, Hillsboro is basically sea-level. Is your air filter clogged up? Spark plug misfiring or not firing at all?

I'm just throwing random ideas out there to give you a response, because basically, I've got nothing.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have noticed my o2 voltage does not cycle all the time I am wondering if this could be a problem? It will stick once in while its probably on the way out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.