DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i've had my Talon for a few weeks ( i don't much about it)...everytime i open the door it beeps as if the keys were in the ignition or the lights were on...is this just a bad sensor or what?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
On the ignition lock cylinder is a switch that gets pushed to the on position when the key is inserted. My guess is that it is stuck in the on position.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
barney said:
On the ignition lock cylinder is a switch that gets pushed to the on position when the key is inserted. My guess is that it is stuck in the on position.

is there a way to get it un-stuck?? there are times when it doesn't beep too, but it usually does most of the time.

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
i'm gonna tell you the same thing everyone tells my gf when her car doesn't work right.

have your bf fix it.

seriously though i'm sure you could just disconnect the boong making thingy and it'd all be fixed (hope you understood all my deeply technical terms there:D )

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Try some penetrating oil sprayed down the keyhole.

If that doesn't work you can do and mavisky thing and yank the noise maker.
(when are they getting those sig. pics back :D )

Finally, and this is assuming the key reminder switch is the cause, you could replace it. This involves (on a 1G anyway) pulling the following: steering wheel, knee protector, upper and lower steering column covers, lap cooler duct, turn signal switch, and finally the column lock itself. If you pull the knee protector you can then reach up and pull the plug on the key reminder switch. This looks like a good way to diagnose.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys:D hopefully it is the key reminder switch...and if the oil doesn't work..hopefully it's not expensive to fix (it's not a big deal..just the dinging gets annoying, like when i'm trying to clean my car and leave the door open)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts