DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had there ball joint replaced? it says in my haynes manual that the whole control arm has to be replaced but the guy at murrys said that i can press the old one out and press the new one in. so i got the new ball joint and my buddie has got a press, so i am gonna do this my self. i dont wanna get my car all tore apart and have to go order the whole control arm. so has anyone done this ? and can give me any advice.
thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
im not a suspension expert but i dont see why you cant have one pressed in, finding one to press in may be a chore but im sure they are out there. i just replaced my LCA and i got the whole LCA/Steering knuckle assembely for like $45 and it works fine. my recomendation so to replace the whole thing but if you have to buy it new from satan its going to be about 3-400 dollars. VIVA junkyards!!! i hope this helped a little bit and if im thinking about something totally different i apoligize.
-Jeff

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
You can just buy the ball joints and have them pressed in, and the old ones pressed out. Removing the control arm can be tricky sometimes, but there is no need to replace the whole arm. I know the dealer will make you buy the whole arm.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts