DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new battery and it was sitting overnight and all the lights and everything was off but still next day it had no power can it be the alternator or what? help me out:realmad:

·
Registered
560 Posts
If it drains when its sitting then there is a slow drain somewhere in the electrical system. The question is have you installed anything electrical in the car rescently? Or has something stopped working rescently? Often there is a more visible related problem, finding electrical drains can lead to insanity. Did the last battery also go in one night, or over a period of time? Could be a brand new bad battery, I have gotten them before. Batterys ussually have a code on the side of them somewhere that says when they where made. Now the parts dealer shouldn't have a battery sit on their shelf for more than a month. The codes work like this- the letter is the month the number is the year. So if your battery says I2 on the sticker, then I=9th letter=september, 2=2002, so I2 would be a battery made in September of this year, and thats ok. But if it had like an F2 thats July of this year, and I would go into the parts store and pitch a bitch about shelf life and their irresponsibility. I once was offered a Sears battery that was sitting for over 6 months, and I laughed my ass off, and gracefully declined.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts