DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a BBL EVO 16G turbo with a walbro 255LPH fuel pump. I am planning on getting some injectors very soon and a body of mine can get me some precision 780cc for cheap. My questions is, will I be able to run 20psi and lean out these injectors enough with a MAF translator and a 3.5" GM MAF sensor to alow my car to run properly or should I just get smaller injecters. I plan on doing a turbo upgrade to a FP3065 Next year so I would like to buy bigger injectors then I need now, instead of upgrading again later.
Please help and
Thank you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You're probably going to want to go with a fpr with that 255 pump. And the injectors should be fine if you use the maft to get them close to your desired state of tune and then use something like an safc for an even better tune.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok. I have a fpr (not installed yet), When I install it should I have it at 43psi? I heard that the fuel pressure should be around there, is this ok (43psi on the fpr).

·
Registered
384 Posts
Get an afc to be able to control those injectors as well, it will be a lot harder to tune with that large of injectors and even after leaning them out your car will not run as well with those as say 660s or 550s.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok. Then that being the case I think I will go with Precision 680cc. To make it easyer to tune my car.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Even with 680's o would recommend an AFC2, the tuning capabilitys of the MAFT and AFC are great or best besides DSMLink, and EMS's. Either way i would want you to get the 680's, SAFC, and a wideband and you would be set. do it right the first time and be happy... just a question but why are you upgrading from your EVO III?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I will not be upgradeing anytime soon. Buying this turbo was more of a beginers step for me. Something just to have alittle fun with. When I become more experienced with DSMs and tunning them, I will start to aim for much higher performance goals. (FP3065:D)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an AFPR and I am going to set it to 43psi. My quesion is when I set my fuel pressure my car should be at idle right? It doesn't need to be on a dino or anything does it? (this AFPR DOES increase fuel pressure 1:1 with boost).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts