DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody who's done the BCS restrictor mod, does your boost gauge act any differently?

My gauge will go all the way up to the top on my first WOT, then up to about 3/4 each consecutive time. It acted normally with the restrictor in. Thoughts?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heshan said:
I guess its un controlled amount of air flow that's causing this? cause I'm sure the restrictor serves a purpose. I on the other hand haven't had any problems :D
Yeah, if you don't call blasting your IC piping off a problem :rolleyes:

BTW, I picked your restrictor up off the sidewalk this morning, just in case, since I pretty much shredded mine. For once, your habit of tossing unnecessary/broken parts on the ground served some good :D

I do burn some oil, and I have my suspicions that it's from the turbo... could be the issue. It's about time for a change, anyway, so I might was well put in some better oil and whatever additive Kyle put in, and hopefully that'll solve this issue. I at least hope it's that simple, or at worst the oil seal on the turbo...

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
The stock boost guage is not really a boost guage. Its a computer calculated visual. Get a real boost guage and you will see that the restrictor removal has no effect other than 2 psi more boost.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hehe, yea boost gauge is a must, I currently dont have one in my car, but know what it was...so hopefully the wastegate spring didnt go changin on me. Currently Im working on a wire tuck so i cut the wires for the bcs and have em taped off out of the way.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
drifte said:
Hehe, yea boost gauge is a must, I currently dont have one in my car, but know what it was...so hopefully the wastegate spring didnt go changin on me. Currently Im working on a wire tuck so i cut the wires for the bcs and have em taped off out of the way.
If you cut the wires or remove the BCS solenoid, you will get a CEL. You have to leave it plugged and connected even if you do not even use it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.