DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My block is currently at the machine shop getting a complete overhaul. My machinst has measured the main bearing journals for consistancy and straightness. He has lapped a few that were slightly high, but nothing large enough for an allign hone.

Now the problem is the journals are all within mitsubishi tolrerances as well as the crank. He is having issues finding a set of bearings with the correct clearances. All are to large. He is also measuring the journals out the correct way with a bore dept gauge, none of the plastigague garbage.

He has gone through 3 sets and we are waiting on a forth to come in. We have tried ACL standard, Clevite and Top Line, we are waiting on the ACL coated ones.

Now my machinist is a perfectionist but is he being to picky? Should I try a set of stock mitsu bearings?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Stock ones should fit, but I have never used aftermarket, so I can't comment on any of them. I would try and make the ACL or Clevite ones work if possible, they both have been used by people on this board, with success, and they have also posted about them. Try using the search button.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts