DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just driving around a lot the past 2 days because i got new tires and wanted to test them out. so anyway as i am cruising down a 4-lane 40mph, i see an LT-1 style Z28 just ahead of me. i was in the mood to see what i could do against it even though i knew i would lose so i caught up and gave a few revs. the next stoplight is red and we line up, we exchanged glances and decided to go for it. so the light turns green, i launch at about 5500 with the usual awd nose towards the sky and the camaro (it was a 6spd) dumped the clutch at a very high rpm and just stomped it, well with 300ft/lb and rwd, obviously he smoked the tires quite a bit. he finally gains a traction at about mid through his second gear and i am about half a car ahead due to his bad launch but he is gaining quickly and just as he was passing door he shifted to third, grinded the gear terribly and i heard the worst metal clanking, grinding noise. of course, he dropped back, giving me the easy win
it just goes to show you that the car isnt everything:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts