DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend i was putting on drilled and slotted rotors in the front. I get done and i go and try to start my car to make sure everything works and two belts came off. The first belt was the Alternator belt and the other was the Ac belt. :tat: :chair: WTF!!!! i did breaks and the belts came off. I dont understand these cars sometimes. Can someone explain how that happened??

The real question i have is how do i get the Ac belt on because i have never had to put that one on before??? I could really use some help. :dunno: :confused:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don't know about higher trim DSMs as I've never had to change my Spyder's A/C belt, but on my 1.8 on the top most pulley there is an adjuster bolt that allows you to loosen it so the A/C belt will slide off. You then simply put the new belt on and then tighten the bolt up until the desired belt deflection is achieved. There more than likely is a similar setup on both 2g 2.0s, but somebody with more experience could chime in...

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
You don't need experiance, this and many many other problems would be solved by picking up a $15 Haynes or Chilton repair manual. I've got one, and I've never needed to change an A/C pully. I have, however, used it for many other things.

Who need's a/c anyway? Get rid of the whole thing, save some weight! lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
93_GSX said:
You don't need experiance, this and many many other problems would be solved by picking up a $15 Haynes or Chilton repair manual. I've got one, and I've never needed to change an A/C pully. I have, however, used it for many other things.

Who need's a/c anyway? Get rid of the whole thing, save some weight! lol
I have a book but it only shows me one belt tensioner. I was just woundering if there was any other tensioners. It showed the one on top of the alternator.

·
Registered
183 Posts
cantonxc306 said:
I have a book but it only shows me one belt tensioner. I was just woundering if there was any other tensioners. It showed the one on top of the alternator.
For the A/C belt... the tensioner there is near (a little beneath) the vacuum lines / brake/clutch fluids. You have to look literally from on top of it to see it probably even with a flash light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts