DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone could let me in on the cheapest place to purchase parts online.Im getting ready to start a few mods on my 97
GS-T Spyder.Thanks to everyone on this post,I know exactly what I want,and what order to do it in.You will never know what I have learned about my first turbo thanks to you all.

here is a link to a pic of my car http://albums.photopoint.com/j/view?u=1237659&a=9145124&p=29670529

·
Registered
701 Posts
Always go directly to the manufacturer of a product if possible. You will get the best price from them, and it will be esaier to work out warranty situations if you have to. If you just do an internet search on Yahoo or something like that, you can usually find a website or phone #.

-Good Luck
-Dave

·
Registered
871 Posts
i have always found that roadrace engineering seems to have the best all around(not just 1 or 2 things) prices so i got most of my upgrades from them. they also have great customer service and are very knowlegeable.
another place to look at is a site called importhookup.com. they have coupons on there for carparts.com and you can get some good stuff real cheap. how about hks 272* cams for $450 with the 33% off coupon or for the guys bent on venting thier bov to the atmostphere the hks bov for around $150. carparts.com has all kinds of dsm upgrades from act clutches to everything hks makes including electronic boost controllers and turbo timers. they also have garrett turbo's on there along with the overpriced hks garrett turbo's.
i actually wish ted would get into that so we could help him out instead of some guys that i don't even know(importhookup.com) but i'm for saving money anyway i can.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
And if you don't mind the risk of the trader you can get used stuff on there real cheap and it is usually only a short time until what your looking for comes up on there.

------------------
1995 Talon TSI fwd

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I have to disagree that you can get things cheaper directly from the manufacturer, unless if you own a business that is. Otherwise they sell it to you at the list price, and in general most retail places offer products at >10% off list price. That's my experience anyway.

[This message has been edited by Jehu (edited October 17, 2000).]

·
Registered
45 Posts
buschurracing.com and extrememotorsports.com have the best prices and availability. For turbo upgrades I'd stick with roadraceengineering.com. At least their 2G 16G upgrade kit is best.

Brakes? I dunno.

·
Registered
88 Posts
For AEM Big Brakes, I believe that Diamond Star Specialties is the cheapest @ $399. That is the cheapest I've seen them, anyway.

Good luck.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I will also disagree with that manufacturers are cheaper. Apex sells their AFC for $400 I think, and Buschur has tham for $300.
Tom

------------------
92 Talon AWD
Mods:
2.5" BR D.P. 2.5" Dynomax cat-back, 95 Manifold, BR upper I/C pipe, K&N, Extreme [email protected], Walbro pump, Apex AFC, ACT 2600.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Let me change what I said. Alwyas go to the manufacturer FIRST. They can sometimes give you a product the cheapest. Because in some cases, the store is paying almost list (what you and I would pay) and then jacking up the price even more. They do this hoping that the buyer will be too lazy to shop around. Which I guess is the bottom line, shop around, dont just pick the first place you see something to buy it.

-Dave

[This message has been edited by turbolover2 (edited October 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
491 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ndahbar:
buschurracing.com and extrememotorsports.com have the best prices and availability.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you figure that either of these places has the best prices?? These two are the top dogs in DSM vendors, but are also two of the more expensive places you could go on the internet. Buschur and Extreme have good availability, but The DSM Shop and RRE have the best overall prices I've seen. Go compare.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>For turbo upgrades I'd stick with roadraceengineering.com. At least their 2G 16G upgrade kit is best.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've heard a lot of good things about RRE too, not just about their turbo prices though. I have yet to buy anything from the personally, however.

------------------
1993 Forest Talon AWD - modified

1 - 11 of 11 Posts