DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and found most people have their BISS 2 turns out.

I have mine 99% CLOSED and STILL get idle surge.

Is it NORMAL to have a car that has a BISS almost all the way closed?

I know my BISS leaks and im going today to get another.. old BISS just POOOOOOOOOOOORS out air at like 5psi!!! Stupid screw hehe.

But when i put the new one in, i just want to know if MOST cars sit around 2 turns out, and if i should worry if i close mine all the way again.

Thanx guys :tree:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just reset mine to 2 turns out last week and it's been idling very close to 700 rpm since. I went to replace the o-ring, but I couldn't get the damn screw out! I even tried my extenda-magnet tool, but it wasn't strong enough to pull out the screw.

·
Registered
136 Posts
yeah me too, i went to take mine out and the screw just wouldnt come out. i was turning and turning but no luck. do a lot of people see this or is something wrong?

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
700rpm's is basically a normal idle, what is it 750-850 is a normal idle?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
No two throttle bodies are going to be exactly the same. The BISS is there so you can trim for the difference. So, the fact that your BISS is turned in a different amount than some other car should be expected.

You should do the standard idle setup when you get the new screw with the ISC and timing grounded. Then adjust the BISS to produce 750 rpm idle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got my BISS out by unscrewing it as far as it would go, and then GENTLY, oh so GENTLY prying it up with a VERY THIN flathead screwdriver until I could grab it with some needle nose pliers. I cannot stress the word GENTLY enough. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts