DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here we go, met BJ one night at the local cruise spot talked for a while and dude seemed really cool, now i heard all the stuff going on with him, but he just seemed to be a nice guy, .... so a few weeks later i was looking for a intake manifold, and said what the hey i will stop by his shop..

man was very informative, answered all my questions, and gave me no direspect whatsover (like some local shops had:rolleyes:), i was impressed with his product and very happy with the information he gave me, so i purchased an intake manifold and fuel rail as a package deal, payed have up front paid the other half when he finished, had my manifold and rail in 2 days :D :D :cool: , i am very very satisfied with his work he is second to none. the man is an artist, i dont care what i heared from other people now, i would recomend him to anyone, and i will buy from him again :cool:

review coming soon on intake manifold

·
Registered
661 Posts
not to dis the man, but what happen to him. the last time i heaed about him seem that he drop of the face of the earth.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well he got divorced, and hates his wife, was actually cussing at her on the phone when i was there ............. hmmm,, that should give some people ....... ideas

oh yeah he says he isnt going to do this fulltime anymore because he started this to go racing and all he ended up doing was working all the time... so he said he will make his intake manifolds, rails and do some heads

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well seeing as how you live right by him I'm sure he wasn't going to take too long on your purchase. I'm not hating on this guy, he was very nice every time I talked to him for the 6+ months I did business with him. Thats about how long it took me to get cylinder head back from him as well as my intake/exhaust mani. The only problem I have which I told him over the phone was to use the items I sent him and return the same items...not someone elses items. Every thing I sent him was not returned. Instead he shipped me someone elses cylinder head with a stripped number 1 spark plug hole and a few messed up exhuast stud holes(port job looked nice). Didn't find any of this out till I had already installed the head. I'm 100% positive the head I sent him did not have these problems. He also sent me a head from a naturally aspirated 4G63 so there was no return line for my BOV. I'd be weary of doing business with him unless you have lots of time or possibly live close by.

P.S. My car runs but it is still running a little strange since the head install and low vacuum. I won't pinpoint this to his work at this point.

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,319 Posts
sherwinz28 said:
He also sent me a head from a naturally aspirated 4G63 so there was no return line for my BOV.
How do you connect a BOV return line to the head?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'll go ahead and label the man as a thief and liar just as he is. I'm sure when you live in city you can get the work out of him but he has stolen from MANY in the DSM community. Particularly a friend of mine Lee Hartley, 50%+ American's go through divorce this doesn't mean I nor anyone else should pay for his marital mistakes. He may have been an excellent fabricator but now he just fabricates lies and commits theft! 3000$ is the amount that was stolen and yes the local authorities have been notified with a lack of authority on their part.

Please if your going to get work done RUN AWAY! Use a well established DSM shop that isn't going to just dry up and disappear because he got a bump in the road. Magnus/JMFabrications/PolkPerformance/SlowboyRacing. The list goes on sorry for my rant but I have no tolerance for dishonesty and thieves, to me its not different than someone stealing my prized car (prized to me)!

dsmwookie/Joshua Dotson

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yea, next time you see him if ever..... ask him where my $3000 plus shipping is that he's owed me for month...... he's obviously just interested in get into them shorts QuickChick.......
Don't believe me.... just wait and see..... or check out the public records..
Don't feel too bad.... you won't be the first..

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/casesearch.asp?query=true&srch=0&web=true&db=Tulsa&icasetype=&iDATEL=&iDATEH=&iCLOSEDL=&iCLOSEDH=&number=&iLast=kucharski&iFirst=bruce&iMiddle=&iID=&iDOBL=&iDOBH=&SearchType=0&iAPT=&iDCPT=&iDCType=0&iYear=&iNumber=&icitation=

1QuickChic said:
ok here we go, met BJ one night at the local cruise spot talked for a while and dude seemed really cool, now i heard all the stuff going on with him, but he just seemed to be a nice guy, .... so a few weeks later i was looking for a intake manifold, and said what the hey i will stop by his shop..

man was very informative, answered all my questions, and gave me no direspect whatsover (like some local shops had:rolleyes:), i was impressed with his product and very happy with the information he gave me, so i purchased an intake manifold and fuel rail as a package deal, payed have up front paid the other half when he finished, had my manifold and rail in 2 days :D :D :cool: , i am very very satisfied with his work he is second to none. the man is an artist, i dont care what i heared from other people now, i would recomend him to anyone, and i will buy from him again :cool:

review coming soon on intake manifold

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i can definatly sympathise with the people who have been ripped off/ didnt recieve their items, howevever i have red bad of most all dsm vendors, magnus- he hated on the canadiens, slowboy well...... read futher down, polk and jmfab, havent dealt with them, i just got his because he was locally, dont think hes trying to get in my shorts, he has a gf, and also those court case's are mostly involving his ex.... i may ask him about everything that has went on straigt from the horse's mouth if ya know what i mean.... however i wont discredit his work and the fact the man is an artist......

·
Registered
90 Posts
You obviously didn't read the cases..... and just because he has a problem with his ex, doesn't mean he has the right to steal........ I'm sure of what kind of story you will get straight from the horse's mouth, but I've got all the paperwork in black and white.
Yes, he is an artist..... slight of hand artist.... he made my money disappear right before my very eyes. :eek:

1QuickChic said:
i can definatly sympathise with the people who have been ripped off/ didnt recieve their items, howevever i have red bad of most all dsm vendors, magnus- he hated on the canadiens, slowboy well...... read futher down, polk and jmfab, havent dealt with them, i just got his because he was locally, dont think hes trying to get in my shorts, he has a gf, and also those court case's are mostly involving his ex.... i may ask him about everything that has went on straigt from the horse's mouth if ya know what i mean.... however i wont discredit his work and the fact the man is an artist......

·
Registered
73 Posts
lethaleagle why not try contacting him over the phone, qucikchic can probably help getting his #. Hope things get settled.

1QuickChic said:
i dont care what i heared from other people now, i would recomend him to anyone, and i will buy from him again :cool:
:eek:

·
Honorary Administrator
3,438 Posts
I think we can add the BJ issue to the long list of dead horses we don't have to keep beating around here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.