DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you thoughts on these rims? They weigh about 21 lbs for 18x8. Thinking about grabbing a set, but my friend said it looks like "the hub cap fell off"

Heres the company web page http://www.arw.co.jp/wheels/brn1.html

·
Registered
330 Posts
They look nice. 18" though? Each to his own. What color is the car?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car is black. I couldn't find any amazing 18" rims that were Bronze that don't cost a fortune. The volk's are nice, but damn they are expensive. The ProN1's are $1600 for 18x8 with Khumo 225/40-18.

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
i'd personally agree with your friend.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well at least its not a landside opinion that they look awful :D

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Those look nothing like a steel wheel. I think they would look pretty good. And 21lbs is not bad for a 18" wheel. Your friend must have bad eyes or something. The ONLY thing those have in common with a steel wheel is that the color is SIMILAR. They would look totally different on a car. You could see right through them for one thing, most steel wheels are nearly solid with some holes in them. I say get them if you like them. I would put them on my car.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't believe how difficult it is to pick out wheels. There are so many to choose from, it's as bad as picking a turbo. I have been debating the Bronze ProN1 (18x8 w/ 225-40 Khumos $1,600 - no seems to have them and I like the look), Silver Volk GramLight Pro's ( 18x8 w/ 225-40 Khumos $2,350 - so expensive though and weighs the same 21lbs), or some "El'Cheapo" Rota's / ADR or something. Ugg this sucks... I hope the 'Wheel God' blesses me with some insight :confused:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I kinda like it more now that I can see what it looks like
:)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I couldn't find an 18" light weight wheel that I could afford and liked. The Volk TE37's are sweet but they are out of my budget. I personally don't care for the Rotas / RS Limited / ADR's. It was hard picking out a Bronze 18" wheel. I ordered my set today, 18x8 w/ 225-40/18 Toyos. They came to $1560 out the door. I should have them by next week :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm all for the black rims on black car and bronze rims on black car. But just get the rims you want, don't let people change your mind. Your buying the rims for you, not them. I'd personally go with the cheapest, lightest rim i could find. Thats one of the reasons i'll be going with the 17" Rota Subzeros or Attacks in black. So what if they are replicas, I'm not a brand whore. lol:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts