DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DC II off www.machv.com. The price was a little high for a Turbo Timer (make sure you get the wiring harness), but I like it. I paid about $175 plus $10 shipping. It was on backorder, but they sent it out the day they received it and I got it through UPS not too long after.

Installation was a pain, but if you've done the turbo timer/boost guage thing before, you wouldn't have a problem with it. I took it to the local shop and we did it together (mostly so I could learn). The directions came in English or Japanese (I think). The directions were not helpful at all. Installation took longer than expected. But, it does do everything it claims to do and does it well. It has a timer, lap timer, manual/auto turbo timer functions and boost guage. The only problem I didn't realize is that it measures boost in Bar. You need to convert it to PSI to get a reading you can understand. 1 Bar = 14.5 PSI I think. I made myself a conversion table and keep it in my glove box. The backlighting is great and the readout is large enough to read easily, but not overbearing. I mounted mine on the steering column. I can still see all the guages in my dash and can check boost levels at the same glance as my tach/spedometer.

All in all, expensive alternative to a cheaper turbo timer which gets the job done. I purchased this one for it's built in boost guage and small size. I am trying to make a sleeper and do not want a guage pod.

·
Registered
266 Posts
damn you paid some dineros. i ogt my blitz daul tt at options auto salon with harness for 120 with shipping. i love it :happy:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually thought it was something else. But on a different thread people were talking about how it was in bar. I thought maybe it was that was a different way of saying bar. When I looked it up online I used the units expression on the Blitz timer to find a conversion table. It had a 1:14.5 ratio. Is bar 1:14.8?

The reason I said 1 bar was equal to 14.5 psi "I think" was because I thought 1 bar = 14.8 psi, but when I looked it up using the measurement on the Blitz it gave me 14.5.

Thanks for the info...

·
Elite DSMtalker
5,037 Posts
talontsiawd said:
Just so you know, it's not in bar. It is in kg/cm3. They are very similar but there is a slight difference.
Just so you know it's Kg/cm^2 :)

1 Kg/cm^2= 14.2psi
1 Bar = 14.5psi
1 Atm = 14.7psi

If you really wanted to get technical I believe it's 14.209. It's all about metric measurements. And assuming it's Bar can throw you off slightly if you get up to higher boost levels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
this is my first time posting so bare with me if i mess up. i have a blitz dual turbo timer dc II but im getting a boost reading of about 18 psi at stock! if this is true then i should be hitting fuel cut, right? i tap my boost wire by the fuel pressure solenoid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts