DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know if you vent it your BOV to atmosphere you will run rich between shifts. My question is how rich ? Can anyone provide the gas mileage differences before you vent and after you vent it ? also will it affect the performance like it wouldnt accelerate as fast if you vent it ? thanks

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,496 Posts
jjvcrew said:
I know if you vent it your BOV to atmosphere you will run rich between shifts. My question is how rich ? Can anyone provide the gas mileage differences before you vent and after you vent it ? also will it affect the performance like it wouldnt accelerate as fast if you vent it ? thanks
It is not really a problem with gas mileage. It only happens for a second after you shift. Your car will stumble a little because of it it. I found my car ran really shitty when i had to vent for a couple days due the hose cracking that vents into the intake.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
If I am not mistaken, can't you vent and run normally if you have an AFC?

·
Registered
619 Posts
What's the big deal with venting anyways? You're wasting that prefiltered air just for sound, even if you're running an AVC/MAP sensor/etc.....

Go get a BOV noisemaker if all you want to do is make your car "sound tough".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.