DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i start the car, its starts up fine and runs fine, but when i get on the road and try to boost, all i see is whitish blue smoke out from my tail pipe and i can't even reach full boost or no boost at all, it feels like my clutch is slipping, need help asap...

·
Registered
0 Posts
pgthao said:
when i start the car, its starts up fine and runs fine, but when i get on the road and try to boost, all i see is whitish blue smoke out from my tail pipe and i can't even reach full boost or no boost at all, it feels like my clutch is slipping, need help asap...
I have the4 exact same question! anyone???

·
Honorary Administrator
17,457 Posts
Pull off the intake tube and see if there is a bunch of oil. Inspect the center cartridge for signs of oil.

Compression test will rule out the HG. How is the coolant temps when you are pushing the car hard. If it runs hot it is probably a HG. If not I would look at the turbo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
140-145 across all four,
temps are about the same, themostat opens and fans come on,

also the car runs fine when i just driving around, once i try to boost it starts running like crap and all the smoke comes out the pipe. No CEL also

·
Registered
11 Posts
if it's the HG, you'll have coolant mixing w/ your oil. take the oil cap off and check if you have milky oil. blue smoke is a sign of burning oil. are you from madison?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would bet its your turbo thats shot...its leaking oil through its seals and its burning in the exhaust. its either that or your valve stem seals are really bad. let us know.
-Matt

·
Registered
97 Posts
that blue smoke is fuel. your running rich because your not boosting. you have a boost leak or your turbo is shot.

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,681 Posts
^
NO.
As in NO.

It would be black dusty smoke. (rich)
If its blue-ish its oil.
If its spy hunter white.
Its coolant.

And 140's across the board isn't too hot either.
Time for a rebuild and a new turbo.
IMO

It could very well be a dying turbo, dying rings, and dying stem seals.
Bet its 60% turbo 15% rings and 25% valve seals.
Oil in the combustion chamber = crappy combustion and masking of the plugs leading to a lack of response. But it should catch... eventually.
The turbo just isn't doing its job anymore, its seals ect are shot probably.

·
Honorary Administrator
17,457 Posts
Sounds like the turbo is shot to me. That is where I would put my money. Check for shaft play and signs of oil first though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts