DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 90 laser rs was blowing blue smoke out the tail end. i took off the turbo, and found it was toast. could this have been the cause of the blue smoke? it went through 5l of oil in about 5 kilometers or so. could it be something else?

------------------
when i took off the turbo, i found the turbine on the exhaust flange side pretty well inside my flange. it had chewed to oxygen sensor up a bit. The other turbine has alot of play. it had scraped the housing a little too. i decided to buy a 16g and am at the stage where it is ready to be reinstalled. i also found that the exhaust manifold is cracked. could this have caused the turbo to become nfg? and would it a good idea to get a manifold with an egt gauge?

[This message has been edited by Red Fox (edited September 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
729 Posts
most likely it was just the turbo. Describe the turbo better.

[This message has been edited by gsxalex (edited September 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
836 Posts
GSXALEX is right, a bad seal will let the oil pour right into the intake and/or exhaust side of your turbo, my advice is not to try replacing the seal on your turbo - it's not that easy to get and there's also the turbo balancing issue to worry about here,
good luck!

Mike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts