DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i need somebody to tell me why my car is boost creeping. i have the following mods:
20g turbo
95 ported manifold with turbonetics racegate
izuzu intercooler with 2.5 pipings
VPC & 550 injectors
upgraded fuel pump

also, would like to know what fuel pressure should i ran my car, maximum boost allowed with my mods.
thank you

·
Registered
205 Posts
how do you know you have boost creep? I've never experienced it before and I want to be aware of what to listen for or to look for.
Thanks.

·
Registered
871 Posts
what boost controller are you using?????

boost creep happens when the wastegate can't redirect enough exhaust flow away from the turbine wheel, causing it to spin faster with higher rpms. your boost will go to the desired psi then it will slowly "creep" higher. maybe there is a problem with your wg sticking or something. i have also seen some manual boost controllers causing what seems to be a "boost creep"....exspecially the turbonetics manual boost controller.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have the Hallman MBC. So are you saying that the boost increases (creeps up) rather than decreases when it hits the peak boost? Mine is set for 15lbs but spikes at 16 or 17lbs. If it goes above 17lbs and climbs higher instead of falling back down, does that mean its creeping up? Thanks for schooling a newbie here. Use to own a CRX...

------------------
Ray
1998 Eclipse GST
Mods: 3" Thermal R&D, Greddy TypeS bov, dump tube removal, MBC, Sprint Lowering springs, strut bars, Autometer gauges, HKS timer, custom interior, 17" performance rims

·
Registered
61 Posts
It seems like you need an external wastegate. And to maybe port everything even more

------------------
Mitchy
Don't forget the Canooten rod.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how can you check if your external wastegate is working property? also does adjusting the screw in top of the wastegate helps prevets the boost creep?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts