DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a used 52mm mechanical greddy boost gauge. the backlight work, but it won't read anything.. the needle sits past 2.0 bar when the car is off, at idle and even when i am driving it won't even flinch.. doesn't move no matter what i tried. i made sure all the wires were ok and i checked the boost sensor thingy for leaks but i couldn't hear anything.. any suggestions??

·
Registered
8 Posts
In my AutoMeter's case if the light bulb went a bit too deep in its hole, it would hit the needle and won't let it move.
Also, check your vacuum/boost line that goes to the gauge itself.
Something might've gotten stuck in the line on the way to the gauge.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok changed the tee fitting and it now works.. but for some reason it only wants to work when i turn the parking lights on.. i wired the red and orange wire to the + power coming from the cigarette lighter. the blakc to the ground, and the white to the light bulb for the cigarette lighter.. could that be my problem???

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
come on guys!! i know it has something to do with the white wire (parking light line +). so where do you greddy boost gauge guys have yours hooked up to??

·
Honorary Administrator
17,457 Posts
You wired the illumination to the light for the cigarette lighter not the lighter itself probably. That only comes on with the parking lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts