DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hooked up my boost guage and it reads 15-17 lbs of boost with OUT a mbc. should i even consider getting one? will it help my spoolup time at all? i took out the bcs restrictor, should I put that back in and install a mbc then? kinda wierd. it does go about 17 and starts to fall at higher rpms but im still kinda stumped

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah, stock t-25 too :(

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my guage shows that im hitting 15psi with out the mbc in. i have the bcs restrictor out now, should i put that back in and buy anmbc or just stay running the "15psi'' im running now?

·
Registered
34 Posts
yes, you can go ahead and put in your mbc, it won't hurt any and it will spool up a little quicker.. I've got the same setup, and don't have the bcs in ..........IMO:cool:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't think anyone is understanding you question bud. The 2G GST's should be boosting around 10-12 PSI with the stock T-25. If you are reading 15-17 PSI, that's a little odd. I don't know exactly what to check, make sure you have the gauge hooked up correctly. I would run through the instructions you got and double check everything. If it's really running that high, then that's pretty good. I'd go ahead and put the MBC on, it won't hurt anything, and don't worry about putting the BCS back in. It's not going to make that much of a difference, plus you want to be running 15-17 PSI.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok...its not hard to understand. I DONT have an mbc. i installed my boost guage and it says im topping out at around 15-17psi, however it drops down to 10ish at high rpm. my question is, should I even bother putting an mbc on if my boost is already at 15-17psi??

·
Registered
850 Posts
ChimeraL4M3 said:
The 2G GST's should be boosting around 10-12 PSI with the stock T-25. If you are reading 15-17 PSI, that's a little odd.
Remember that he does have a 1G BOV. So it's not that odd, really.

Cap'n, I would put that BCS restrictor back in, though-- you don't really want to be boosting over 15 with the stock turbo and pump gas. It just flows hot air at those high PSIs because it's way out of its efficiency range. And about whether to get an MBC or not, I don't know enough to tell you-- but you probably will get a little faster spool-up with an MBC, as was already mentioned.

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,496 Posts
I always wondered the same thing. I just skipped the mbc because i thought it wouldn't matter. It didn't really make sence to buy a mbc and set it to 15psi when my car runs 15psi without it. I guess i am on the same boat as you.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so did you ever end up buying one? a buddy of mine introduced me to a bleeder valve thats like $10. said it made his turbo on his dodge spirit R/T spool a hell of a lot faster. I might look into that.

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,496 Posts
I never bought one. If it spools noticeably faster, i will probably buy one. I just thought it wouldn't do anything so i didn't buy one. Maybe someone can elaborated on this.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if/when I do the bleeder valve thing, i'll let ya know how it turns out. or if anyone else has done it, lets hear about it

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
EXACTLY what I was looking for. thanks elhalish!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
heres a tree for you :tree: and one of these dudes :patriot:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts