DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much horsepower do I get for one pound of boost?

A formula maybe?
psi to hp...
kid-tsi

·
Registered
836 Posts
I don't think you can really determine how much HP you get per PSI, it all depends on your mod's and how big the turbo is, it's really the valume of air not the psi that gives you more power, there are also lots of different factors like air temp, dencity etc...

------------------

·
Registered
47 Posts
Turbo is correct...my example was from a supercharger, more exactly the blower I used to have on my mustang. I would however bet that 10hp/psi is a fairly accurate example(to a degree..there are so many other variables).

frisco

·
Registered
333 Posts
so your saying when i took out the restricter in the waste gate solenoid. i gained 3psi and so 30hp. there is no way you gain 10hp per psi. maybe if your running a T3/T4 or something like that and heavily modified. maybe more like 3hp per psi is more like it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
there is no way you can calculate that...kinda like using that g-tech thing(g-tech would be more accurate) theres to much else that would throw your figure out the window...turbo flow #'s, exhaust/dp, port work on the car, intercooler pipe size, car timming/tuning, you get the point...now a dyno would be a true measurement, and that would be different from car to car.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
84 Posts
On my car (this does NOT apply to any other car due to everyone having different mods) I dynoed at the front wheels 250 HP at 13 psi of boost, and 367 HP at 26 psi of boost. This gave MY car (at that time, more mods now) nine HP per pound of boost added.

Just my observation on my car,

Keith

·
Registered
97 Posts
There are so many factors that have to be considered when you add boost. First of all you can't just add boost. More boost eguals more fuel. Also I am sure that on the Dyno people run High Octane gas which means more Timing which equals even more power. It is almost impossible to calculate this.

Richard www.thedsmshop.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts