DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if I get a boost guage, then a boost controller, what is safe boost for a stock turbo? 14-15? Is stock about 11? And what if I turn it up to high? KABOOM? I mean, can I turn it up to high or what? I must be able to >>?? Also - how would I know that it is up to high? When the guage pushes 20psi and the engine blows or what?

·
Registered
205 Posts
what year is your car? stock turbos on a 2g is set/max at 12PSI. Max/safe boost you should go is 17 (mine is set to 16). Depending on the outside conditions, you should stay around 15 or 16 to be on the safe side. Go 20 and say byebye to your turbo..

------------------
Ray
1998 Eclipse GST
Mods: 3" Thermal R&D, Greddy TypeS bov, Greddy IC Piping, Magnecores, dump tube removal, MBC, Sprint Lowering springs, strut bars, Autometer gauges, HKS timer, custom interior, 17" performance rims

·
Registered
231 Posts
Get a manual boost controller and an afetermarket boost gauge, on a 1G stock fuel system don't go beyond 15~16psi. K&N air filter, silencer removal along with that. Chop off that snorkel on the air can too! you'll be safe there. If you want higher, install an aftermarket fuel pump
(eg walbro). Then you get into fuel cut. There are many tips on how to make the car faster on dsm.org. There have been some disscussions on the max pressure on a 14b, its somewhere around 20~24psi. But if you go for that (20~24psi0 without upgrading the fuel system and exhaust), BOOM! You'll be walking home.

Zach
'92 Laser RS Turbo AWD
"RSX"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts