DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recent talk about running high boost on a 16g gave me some guts to do the same. 16g with portwork, 2.5 turbo back no cat, HKS intake, extreme fuel pump, UIC, and i was running about 14 psi for daily driving. Tonite i set it to 19 psi on 94 oct. MAN THAT'S NICE! Well, if i leave the MBC set at 19, but drive conservitavly(try keeping boost lower) during daily comutes; i really wouldn't have to go and turn my boost back down and just leave it at 19(for those SPECIAL throttle junkie occations). What do ya think?

·
Registered
871 Posts
19psi will be fine, unless your experiencing detonation or fuel cut, go ahead and turn it up to 21psi :D

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
871 Posts
you just have to play around with the boost untill you find the maximum psi you can run without damage. every car is different, and every tank of gas is different, exspecially if you vary from station or brand of gas. i run sonoco 94 all the time but have occasinally gotten a bad tank from there.
start out with 18psi and drive around for a couple days and see what is going on. if all is good then bump it up in 1psi increments. once it starts to knock or run lean, go back down 2psi. then you should be set.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just a question.

I read all the time about people running 18 psi on the street and I think to myself, why? Is there something I'm not getting? When I commute to and from work the most I'll get is 6 or 7 psi then I shift. Do you mean to tell me you guys are shifting alot highr in the RPM band so you get full boost everytime? Won't that kill your gas milage? Am I missing something here? Please tell me I'm not going crazy and when I raise my boost from stock, 0psi doesn't mean 0! (yes I have a aftermarket boost gauge!)

Teach me oh learned brethern of the Diamond/Stars,

Zach,
'92 Laser RS Turbo AWD
"RSX"

·
Registered
102 Posts
I play a game where I try to get to work as fast as I can one day; and then try to be that time the next day... I figure if I turn the boost up 1 psi every day I've got about 2 weeks before I'll have to go out and buy another 4G63 and start over again.

------------------
Carmen P.
1991 Eclipse GSX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts