DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What will it do if I crush my BOV? Can I get more boost out of the boost controler if I do so? If so how much can I run the PSI up to? Someone please answer these ?'s.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well from what I've heard, Crushing the bov makes hold more boost without leaking. But it also tightens the spring up to react quicker and it blows off more. That why they sound louder(cooler). the extra blow off just takes away from the air going into your engine, slowing it down.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hu???
Well from what I've heard, Crushing the bov makes hold more boost without leaking. But it also tightens the spring up to react
quicker and it blows off more. That why they sound louder(cooler). the extra blow off just takes away from the air going into
your engine, slowing it down.

Yes no and not even close =-)

the reason you crush it is so that it doesn't open under idle and blead air off. Also it will hold higher boost Before the raito of pressure in the pipe Vs. the pressure in the intake and drop of pressure from the rubber line to the BOV over comes the spring rate allowing the BOV to open under boost killing the power.

It's not for sound ( it only sound different B/C it is opening at a higher pressure )

This will not get more boost out of a motor. Boost is set By the Boost controler. I can make a BONE STOCK car make 30 PSI. Not to say that it could take it or that it is any good but I "COULD" do it. Any body could. Now the reason you do this is B/C the BOV is opening under boost and the car is falling off. If you were to crush it a bit this will keep it closed and allow you to run higher boost with out the BOV failing. Not to say it makes te boost higher it only keep the BOV closed so you can make it higher and cook the motor :D

All in al l Check out VFAQ.COM for instructions and learn the opperation of the BOV

Bill Marino
Hole Shot Performance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts