DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving around today for no reason, other than the fact i was REALLY bored, i spot a boxster. This boxster had its top down, with a young guy in it. The guy was wearing sunglasses, we are at a stoplight and the guy gives me some look. Like he is better than me cause he owns a boxster. The light goes green, and both of us take it easy, not flooring the car. We hit another redlight and he starts revving at me. He looks at me and grins after he revvs at me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I give him a rev. He stopped grinning and got ready. I got ready too. The light went green and both of us got good launches. He was 3/4 of a car ahead of me. But after that i just reeled the Boxster in. By 105 MPH, which is where i shut it down, the guy was 1 car behind me! We hit ANOTHER red stoplight. I look at the guy and grin because i beat him. The guy gets pissed and he Cuts me off. LOL!!! Anyway im just smiling and grinning while the guy has a tough guy face on him. I turn left while he goes straight.

It seems like most porsche owners are jackasses. (No Offense to porsche owners who ARENT jackasses)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
He's not even a real porsche owner
Sorry but boxters aren't real porsche's.
Some marketing scheme by porsche to hit the middle class family income target market.

Boxters are the saddest excuse for a porsche ever. I think I'd rather have that cayenne thing or whatever its called. the SUV..

Well maybe not but you get the point.
Anyway good kill.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Too bad it was not the tt awd gt2. That thing runs around 12.7 stock. Too bad I would shut him down, hehe.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Black97TSIAWD said:
Too bad it was not the tt awd gt2. That thing runs around 12.7 stock. Too bad I would shut him down, hehe.

the awd gt hit 12.12
the gt3 hit 11.9

boxters are the poor mans nice car. They are nice vechiles, and the boxter S is a mean looking little bastard.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I guess if the Boxster is too "cheap" for you guys then buy a RUF Boxster. They swap in the motor from the Carrera4 and tweak it a bit to produce about 340hp and adds about $30k to the price.

Actually the Boxster isn't that bad a car and at almost $60k I wouldn't call it a middle class car.
I also wouldn't call it the worst Porsche ever,I've driven a Boxster and it makes the 944 turbo feel slow and the mid 80s 928 is really a low mark for Porsche. How do I know this? I've driven a Boxster S and a 944 and ridden in a 928.

·
Registered
12 Posts
FOR THE LAST TIME!

Porsche 996 GT2 IS NOT AWD! It is RWD. In the right hands it does a high 11 sec 1/4 mile - standard.

GT3 will do a FLAT 13 - maybe a high 12 if you are a freak...

The ONLY AWD Porsches available at the moment are the Carrera 4 and the 911 Turbo (which does a reliable low 12 if driven properly)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you mean a RUF 3400S? Thats about as expensive as a 911 Carrera!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
JDM7M said:
you mean a RUF 3400S? Thats about as expensive as a 911 Carrera!
Yeah but it is almost a half second quicker and pulls 0-60 in almost 4 seconds flat plus brakes and suspension are all upgraded. Plus the exclusivity factor would be nice plus only the TTs would give trouble at the track.

·
Registered
425 Posts
SuperMat said:
FOR THE LAST TIME!

Porsche 996 GT2 IS NOT AWD! It is RWD. In the right hands it does a high 11 sec 1/4 mile - standard.

GT3 will do a FLAT 13 - maybe a high 12 if you are a freak...

The ONLY AWD Porsches available at the moment are the Carrera 4 and the 911 Turbo (which does a reliable low 12 if driven properly)
Thank you! I was about to post something very similar to this myself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
V8SpankR said:

Yeah but it is almost a half second quicker and pulls 0-60 in almost 4 seconds flat plus brakes and suspension are all upgraded. Plus the exclusivity factor would be nice plus only the TTs would give trouble at the track.
Wait, 4 seconds flat? where'd you get this information? 0-60 would actually be high 4s to mid 4s. Mid 4s if your driving is REALLY good. ive never seen a 3400S do low 4s or 4 FLAT.

·
Registered
63 Posts
infury said:
Sorry but boxters aren't real porsche's.

Boxters are the saddest excuse for a porsche ever. I think I'd rather have that cayenne thing or whatever its called. the SUV..
Umm, yeh, who wouldn't want a Cayenne? It's a 450-hp TT SUV that does 0-60 in the low 5 seconds.

Boxsters aren't a real Porsche? Take a stock S4 and run a new Boxster S and guarantee it will be closer than you think...S4 might even lose.

I worked at Porsche/Audi dealership this summer and drove plenty of Boxsters. Plain Boxsters are not impressive (I could beat one), but the Boxster S suprised the hell outta me.

The saddest excuse for a Porsche ever is the 944...what a waste of a $40K car. Many people will say the 928 sucks. I will agree to an extent b/c there are VERY FEW that are even close to being taken care of. But those things, when taken care of, are torquey and pretty fun on the highway.

My .02,
Cody

·
Registered
787 Posts
After brief discussion with a local Boxster S owner at the car wash..we got into mods, top end, track times, races, etc.... he didn't want to run me anymore :( :D Nice car regardless!! :cool:

Definately gets some looks...and I bet they handle like crazy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
S8ER95Z said:
After brief discussion with a local Boxster S owner at the car wash..we got into mods, top end, track times, races, etc.... he didn't want to run me anymore :( :D Nice car regardless!! :cool:

Definately gets some looks...and I bet they handle like crazy!
Yea, boxsters do handle very well.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
boxsters are really good at auto-x, i watched a boxster and s2000 rip it up last time i went.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
RedZX95 said:

Umm, yeh, who wouldn't want a Cayenne? It's a 450-hp TT SUV that does 0-60 in the low 5 seconds.

Boxsters aren't a real Porsche? Take a stock S4 and run a new Boxster S and guarantee it will be closer than you think...S4 might even lose.

I worked at Porsche/Audi dealership this summer and drove plenty of Boxsters. Plain Boxsters are not impressive (I could beat one), but the Boxster S suprised the hell outta me.

The saddest excuse for a Porsche ever is the 944...what a waste of a $40K car. Many people will say the 928 sucks. I will agree to an extent b/c there are VERY FEW that are even close to being taken care of. But those things, when taken care of, are torquey and pretty fun on the highway.

My .02,
Cody
regardless of performance it looks like some little kid designed the thing in my opinion.
If I strictly wanted power and performance i'd go with a WS-6.
And you're right, the boxter is crap.
The S is a step up but its just crap that smells a little better.
I would hope if I were to buy a car with the porsche badge it would hold with the reputation of the 911's and carerra's of the past.
Not some marketing ploy for people in a mid life chrisis that can't afford a vette or ferarri or the likes.

Porsche is one of the best car companies in my opinion but with the boxter they just shot themselves in the foot.
They were reputable as one of the elite cars that few people had. Now I see those damn things everywhere.

EDIT
However you guys are right, they do perform well in auto x

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
infury said:
And you're right, the boxter is crap.
The S is a step up but its just crap that smells a little better.
HAHAHHAHA LOL

·
Registered
467 Posts
A Boxster S would beat an S4 in a 1/4 mile race. I dont see what is so great about the S4 with a 40k price tag there are alot faster cars I would rather have LS1 f-body, and even though I dont like Ford the 03 Cobra is pretty sweet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
$Big Pimpin$ said:
I dont see what is so great about the S4 with a 40k price tag
Don't get me wrong, I love the S4's...just I can't see paying that much money for a turbo family car! Although the fact that they don't make automatic S4's is pretty damn cool (I don't think they do anyway - I never saw/drove one).

·
Registered
273 Posts
S4
2.7L bi-turbo engine
250hp / 258 ft-lbs
AWD :D
3593lbs weight
Base MSRP: 38,900

Boxster S
3.2L 6cyl horizontal
258hp / 229ft-lbs
RWD
2911lbs weight (jesus, i want my car to weight that)
Base MSRP: 52,365

Boxster S will take an S4 in all aspects, except the launch. What you could do with the extra 14 grand? Wow ..

1 - 20 of 48 Posts