DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Fastest page it has a AT at his time. Is he running a automatic? When did he switch to that? Thought he had a manual at Maple Grove at IDRC and Nira....
Ryan

·
Registered
871 Posts
yup,sean also, but it's top secret so i can't comment on it. sorry :D :D :D

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Damn, I didn't know that!
Anyone have any comments on the new driveline parts they are using. They seem to be holding up pretty good considering he was running back to back low 9's and holding it together. :)

------------------
1995 Talon TSI fwd

·
Registered
83 Posts
Brent had a 5 speed in his car when he turned the 9.18. I did a little checking and it's all hype. They tried to run an auto but turned some double digit times then put the 5spd back in and Sean ran his 9.10. So don't believe anything you hear and half of what you see.

·
Registered
113 Posts
He showed up at (I think it was) Maple Grove with the auto already in. The first time down, he broke something, they switched him back in the pits and he continued racing and left as a manual.
(Here's the secret) They are going back and rebuilding the auto to use again, and any custom modifications will be available for sale at a later date.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I figures "why speculate when his e-mail address is right there on the fastest times page" I e-mailed Brent asking about this and here is his reply:

"no that is a missprint I still have a stock 5 speed

Brent Rau"

Strait from the horses mouth,

Keith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts