DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a 90 GSX. It has minimal mods on it (small ported 16g, and associated upgrades). I just installed an ACT 2600 last week, and tonight, on my way back to a buddy's house, I had some guy messing with me, so I decided to feel a small launch from a stop light. I launched at about 3500-4k RPMs, and sure enough, there was a big bang (almost like the car popped out of gear) and then there was some crazy wheel hop going on (i'm assuming front wheels, but I was so pissed I wasn't paying complete attention). Now the car drives fine (drove it home about 10-15 miles), except for the fact that there is a "whoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoop" noise most of the time (not VERY loud, but definitely evident), and if I try to accelerate moderately (any amount of boost, pretty much) the car revs like it has a burnt clutch. If I accelerate mildly, however, the car will move no problem. Is there any easy way to see what exactly I broke, and I need to know if I smoked my transfer case by driving the car home tonight. I need to drive the car to work tomorrow, and probably Friday as well.. I know this isn't the best idea, but I don't have a choice in the matter right now.... if the car's drivable, I'm going to have to drive it. Thanks for any help / advice in advance!

-Craig

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? I'm lost as to what this may be after reading many posts on broken center diffs. Is it possibly an axle? Or the rear-end? I don't know what either feel like, but I do know that my car clicked a little this morning (kinda like a bad CV joint), when I was backing out of my driveway, but I can't seem to get it to duplicate the noise. No clicking at all if I do circles right or left in a local parking lot. The whoopwhoopwhoop noise is VERY light (sounds almost like my rear did occasoinally when coming to a stop in 1st gear), and only occurs sometimes while driving (regardless of acceleration or deceleration... I think it's mostly when I'm going around a twist in the road). PLEASE ANY HELP IS GREATLY [email protected]

-Craig

1 - 2 of 2 Posts