DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was changing my fuel pump and fuel filter on my 1992 Eagle Talon Tsi and i managed the break the fuel line right under the Fuel Filter in the engine bay. I was wondering if there is anyway to fix this? any kti they sell like a braided line kit to run or anything? Please let me know at [email protected]

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just repaired mine tonight. I bought high pressure fuel injection fuel line from auto zone, and a nipple that fit the fuel filter from Ace Hardware. I clamped (really tight!) the rubber line over the old line and over the nipple.

Oh yeah, I also used a pipe cutter to get the end of the old line usable.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Get a flare tool to put a flare on the tubing to help keep the line on there. You could also use the flare tool, some extra tubing, and some new flare nuts to extend the line back to stock location. I think that would be a major pain in the ass though.

Try what Paul97GSX did but I would recommend puttting a flare on the old line to help hold the rubber line on.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PAUL 97GSX said:
I just repaired mine tonight. I bought high pressure fuel injection fuel line from auto zone, and a nipple that fit the fuel filter from Ace Hardware. I clamped (really tight!) the rubber line over the old line and over the nipple.

Oh yeah, I also used a pipe cutter to get the end of the old line usable.
hey man thanks for your adivce i think i will use it can u let me know exactly what parts i need so i can do this after school so i can fix my car beffore the sun goes down. Let me know what size of a screw i need and what kind so there is a fitting in it to go to the fuel filter cuz it sucks now i can t drive the car and i dont wanna pay for any welding or anything. I just need something to fix it so i can drive for a month or two till i run a braided line from the back of the car. Please email me at [email protected]
or hit me up on AOL IM at Racing484 or call my cell

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i put a new hose 1/4 over the old line i had i used small brake line cutters for $5 in a hardware store and i sliped the new fuel hose with a 1/4 over the old fuel line and i used a clamp to clamp it down. Then i got a nipple from my auto store and used a clamp on it the nipple is 1/4 in diameter also with a 1/4 extension. i am about 60% done with my install but it got cold and it got dark here no light so i couldnt finish because i lack a garage at my home :( ill let u guys know how it goes tommorow

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've seen this a lot, it's actually a method that has been used to get that damn fuel fitting off by the fuel pump. I know people that have simply clamped the line on with no problems, but I prefer to clamp the line on WITH some JB weld on there to make sure it doesn't leak. There is no way it would come off if you had it like that.

Making the line flare is a very good idea as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts