DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen; a friend of mine is in the process of installing a 190 lph pump in his 91 AWD. The car is a rust belt survivor, so needless to say the fuel sender retaining studs/nuts are frozen solid. They where sprayed with PB Blaster a few days prior, but we have already broken off 2 studs. My question: does anyone have any elegant solutions as to what to use in place of the broken studs (something that won't result in fuel seeping through with a full tank)? I've searched this forum, as well as Vfaq. Any ideas, tips, or suggestions are welcome. Any pics of your solutions would be lovely. Thanks in advance!:)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1gawd4g63 said:
I always just drill them out and tap holes and install new larger studs.
Do you use any type of sealer on the new studs, where they thread into the tank? The OE studs appear to have been welded in from the factory (from what I can tell, the're pretty crusty now). If not, do you notice any fuel seepage through the threads? I imagine this would only be an issue with a completley full tank, so I may be being over-cautious. Thanks again for the idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts