DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Honorary Moderator
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to get the brushed alauminum or even carbon fiber dash overlay for a 1G Eclipse? Haven't found anywhere yet.

I'm not sure I even want to get it, but I would like to see how it is set up and price. Anyone have any experience with this stuff? Does it look cheesy?

------------------
John Lewis
1991 Eclipse GS Turbo

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
I'm not answering your question but, I would be concerned about longevity. Adhesives and the oven hot temperatures of a car in the sun usually don't mix. Seems like every piece of Velcro or dbl side tape I have ever used has failed.

·
Honorary Moderator
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't think about that, and I live in Nevada, very hot. That would look very cheesy if it started peeling.

I never thought about how it mounts. Maybe I'll just leave it stock :D

------------------
John Lewis
1991 Eclipse GS Turbo

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have all blue carbon fiber graphix interior,vinyl in my 1G DSM I live up here in canada eh! and its not as hot but i have had no problem with the sticker carbon fiber center piece around the shifter ,ash tray,sterio,doors, dash,etc I also have it around my gauges,all of the other self adhesive stuff like the duoble sided tape that hold my scanner down has failed but the good vinyl seems to last,and its very tuff,I have it on my door panels aroud the door locks and it still looks new,just be sure to clean evry thing with rubbin' alcohal first

1 - 4 of 4 Posts