DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just change my ECU for a 95 eprom with Keydiver chip.
I did change spark wire a the coil pack (1-4 and 2-3).

Now I have an hard ride below 2.5K rpm.... it buck... alot when cold and a bit when hot!

I've read that I have to swap injectors conector as well........ Should this solve my issue????
If so, I need some hints because that #4 injectors connector is WAY too short!

·
Banned
755 Posts
Is the car that you got the ECU from have the same mods as you car? If not, you'll need to get that chip re-burned to match the set up on your car. Mostlikely, that caused the problem.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm thinking its an injector issue. Pull them and do flow test on them. You positive nothing went wrong with the burned chip? How is your fuel pump doing?

-M

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put my old ECU back and everything return to normal=no bucking at all.
My concern is mainly related to this injector wire swap. Is it a must do or not??? And could this be my problem (not having swap them)?? Or the ECU/chip is bad??? (I've look at the caps before I install the ECU and they look just fine)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Well i would think if you put your old ecu back in and everything is back to normal, then deductive reasoning would suggest that it is the chip on the new ecu. Maybe the chip itself has requirements that must be met for it to work properly (contact the seller).

-M

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just read somewhere here that when going from a non-eprom (98) to an eprom ECU (95) you HAVE to swap spark wire (4-3 and 2-1) and that you have to do the same with injectors connectors for maximum performance................?!?!?!? Is that true ???? Because right now the car is running perfectely when over 3K.
Check here post #4 http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172843&highlight=ecu+eprom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts