DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh the Day Has Come!!!

Before we begin I want to clarify that I did not built this DSM. I purchased this TSI AWD in October 2010. I've put around 4,000 miles on it since my purchase, mostly highway. The build quality is solid, and most of the work was done at AMS in Chicago. I have of course had to replace a few parts, but what do you expect with 505AWHP. I hate to part ways with this Talon but "Happy Wife, Happy Life."

The wife has finally had enough. I left the military to pursue my education, and well that has begun to take a toll on my financials. That being said, I am not in desperate need of money, but I'm willing to hook someone up. I absolutely love this DSM! This is the only DSM I trust to not break down on me, which is the major reason I love this car!

Car gets 25MPG+ on the Highway!!!​

Now For the Good Stuff:

1995 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
104.000 Miles on Chassis
5-Speed/Leather
Clean Title

TOTAL REBUILD HAS LESS THAN 15,000 MILES ON IT!!!​

EXTERIOR
2GB Talon Conversion
VIS Invader Type 6 Carbon Fiber Hood
Hyper-White Bulbs

INTERIOR

AEM serial data gauge
Carbon Fiber armrest
Carbon Fiber radio bezel
Mounted Switch for Fuel Pumps
Indiglo/White Gauge Cluster

MOTOR (6 BOLT)

Crower Billet Rods
Wiseco Pistons (85.5 mm)
Micropolished Crank
Crower Titanium Retainers
Crower Valve Springs
Ferrea Comp Plus Valves (30.5mm/34mm)
Forced Performance "FP2" cams
Fidanza Cam Gears
Cometic 5 layer mls
ARP Head studs, Main studs
New OEM Water Pump/ OEM Oil Pump
New Alternator/Starter

BOLT-ON MODIFICATIONS

Magnus “Street” SMIM
HKS SSQV BOV
AMS “Monster” FMIC
DNP SS Turbo Manifold
FP3065 Dual-Ball Bearing Turbo
FP SS O2 housing
FP SS Dump-Tube
TIAL 44mm Waste-Gate
#8AN SS Setrab oil cooler kit
#8AN SS Fuel Lines from Tank to Rail
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
FIC 1150cc Fuel Injectors
Prothane Motor Mounts
AMS Custom 3” Performance Exhaust
STM 4" Hard Pipe Intake with K&N Filter
Carbon Fiber Spark Cover
MSD Ignition 8.5mm Super Conductor Wires
Moshimoto Silicone Radiator Hoses (Upper/Lower)
Battery Relocation to Trunk
Altima Red Top Battery (Lifetime Warranty)
TurboXS High Performance Boost Controller
All Silicone Vac Lines
A/C Delete (Lines are still there just removed condenser)

TRANSMISSION
John Sheppard Stage 3
4-Spider Differential
Torrington bearing upgrade
Heavy Duty 3-4 kit
Heavy duty 3-4 shift rail
Quartermaster Twin Disc Clutch Kit (Less than 500 miles)

SUSPENSION
KYB AGX Shock Absorbers
Eibach Sportline Spring
NEW Front and Rear Axles

WHEELS/TIRES

Motegi ROJA DPK w 4" lip
Yokohama ES100 Tires (75% Tread)
2G OEM Big Brakes
Red Stuff Brake Pads

ENGINE MANAGEMENT

AEM Engine Management System (1-Series)
AEM 5-Bar MAP Sensor
AEM Wideband Controller (New Wideband O2 with less than 500 miles)
AEM Digital Serial Gauge

ETC
*NOTE- None of the products below are installed.*
ACER Netbook Preloaded with AEM EMS Software and Cables
Jensen 7” Touchscreen Flip-Up DVD/CD Player with IPOD Adaptor
Kicker VCVR12-4 Car Audio COMP CVR 12
Kicker ZX400.1 400 Watt Class D Amp
CX Racing Radiator with Dual Fan Shroud (uninstalled because I could get to anything in the Engine bay)
Lots of other random DSM Parts

As with All DSMs there are a few issues...

THE BAD
~ Left Door Handle Sticks, even after OEM Door Handle
~ No Door Locks (Usual Battery Drain)
~ Hood Unlock (from Interior) doesn't work, I will include SPARCO Hood Pins
~ Fuel Guage doesn't fall all the way to Empty, although the Gas Light DOES Come on. It is due to the pressure of #8AN Fuel Lines and Dual Pumps.
~ Indiglo Gauges like to cut in and out
~ AEM EMS requires extra cranking time, so about every 6 months I replace the Starter. I will give you the receipt with Lifetime Warranty from Autozone. Thanks to the SMIM, easy 5 minute install.
~ Another AEM EMS issue is Cold Start (20 degrees or colder). It will start, but you'll get irritated cranking at it. I kept it in my garage in the winter.

A TriggerDisc will fix the Cold Start and Excessive Cranking Issue, but I never got around to buying one.

IN PROCESS
1. I am in the process of reapplying a new headliner because the old one decided to bubble and fall off. I should be done by the end of the week.
2. I am still working out some tuning issues on 93-Octane. It will occasionally die after a Hot Start, but will start right back up. I believe it has to do with the TPS I had to replace in conjunction with the New Twin Disc Kit. It is very random and hopefully I'll have it worked out by the end of the week.

ABOUT THE CAR
Car operates on 2 different AEM EMS Tuning Maps. One for 100-Octane and one for 93-Octane. The 100-Octane tune was built by AMS after 5 hours of Dyno time. Starting from 18psi and working our way up to 29.5psi, the car was able to put down 505.15AWHP and 368.73AWTQ @ 8250 RPM. Afraid of detonation, AMS wouldn't go any higher. On C16 or E85 you could easily push 40+PSI!

I feel that $9500 OBO is very reasonable as far as price-point. I have receipts for virtually everything that has ever been done to this car, totaling in excess of $30K. I just want her to go to someone who will take care of her and bring out her full potential.

I have only ran it on its "Race" (100Octane) Tune ONE time since the Dyno. It will tear up to 9000RPM in the blink of an eye. I only ran 5 gallons through it because to be honest it was a too much power for me NOT to get into trouble. Since then I've kept it on its Street (93 Octane)Tune at 20psi. It will still pull up to 60MPH in 2nd gear.

Due to the Twin Disc Clutch I will not allow anyone to drive the car unless they have cash in hand! (I learned the hard way...)

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Fuel Guage doesn't fall all the way to Empty, although the Gas Light DOES Come on. It is due to the pressure of #8AN Fuel Lines and Dual Pumps.
This is due to the float getting stuck or caught on something. Simple fix.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This is due to the float getting stuck or caught on something. Simple fix.
Yeah I figured as much, but the reason I questioned pressure was due to my experience after I installed a Fuel Filter. It used to sit around 1/2 tank when the gas light would come on, which I verified is around 2 gallons remaining. After the Fuel Filter was installed the gas light would come on around 1/4 tank. I again verified that it had around 2 gallons remaining.

Thanks for the heads up.

DISCLAIMER
Within the next couple of days, I will try post all the additional parts that I can't remember right now!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I might be skipping over it but what is the asking price my friend?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts