DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the M-trim from SBR today, and put her on, im loving it so far. SBR was great with all the info I needed about not needing an oil restrictor and which feed fitting to get. I got the whole thing polished(compressor and hot side) and it looks great and spools amazing. I also love the exhaust sound at idle and after getting on it and coming to a stop:D , sounds like a turbojet.

But so far great turbo and gets 20psi FAST. Anyone else have this turbo?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
do you feel like this turbo is a big upgrade over the 16g that you used previously? Sbr says that this turbo is a lot better then a evo3 16g. How is the spool up on it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes sir, this turbo is great. Its the best mod ive spent $600 on. On a stock motor it put down 318awhp on 15 psi, I have a 20 bored over motor, fully built head with 280cams and on about 22psi, it runs VERY strong, enough to eat a few vettes, ha. Spool is great, I would say NO later than 4k full boost, I have been told I should put close to 400awhp on 26psi(which many dont belive that this turbo shines until about 25+ psi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,296 Posts
kemp_travis said:
Yes sir, this turbo is great. Its the best mod ive spent $600 on. On a stock motor it put down 318awhp on 15 psi, I have a 20 bored over motor, fully built head with 280cams and on about 22psi, it runs VERY strong, enough to eat a few vettes, ha. Spool is great, I would say NO later than 4k full boost, I have been told I should put close to 400awhp on 26psi(which many dont belive that this turbo shines until about 25+ psi.

Would this be on pump or Race gas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
kemp_travis said:
My hp goal? or when they dynoed the turbo at sbr? I plan to get close to 400 on pump
Please post dyno results when you get them. I am curious as to what hp this turbo can really put out. I have come to find out that some vendors highly overate the actual hp potential of the turbos they sell! .:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Internal.

And ya, I should get a dyno in the next month or so. But I know that on 15psi it put down 320awhp on a STOCK motor, and mild tune.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,296 Posts
kemp_travis said:
Internal.

And ya, I should get a dyno in the next month or so. But I know that on 15psi it put down 320awhp on a STOCK motor, and mild tune.
Not putting your Turbo down But I thing the first pull maybe under 300whp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hand1222000 said:
Not putting your Turbo down But I thing the first pull maybe under 300whp.
Wow, Im sorry, but that is the STUPIDEST thing I have heard, I have a built motor, more boost, and you think I will dyno more the 20hp UNDER a car that was not comparable to mine?....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
kemp_travis said:
Wow, Im sorry, but that is the STUPIDEST thing I have heard, I have a built motor, more boost, and you think I will dyno more the 20hp UNDER a car that was not comparable to mine?....
Just because you say you have a built motor doesn't mean that your car will instantly put down a ton of power to the ground. The motor helps handle high boost levels, but unless you have raised the compression then it wont make you gain power, it will only let you have the potential to make more with a large turbo that will flow a lot of cfm's and is pushing high boost levels. From what your profile says, you have 2g pistons, and those are 8:1 cr I believe, so you don't have high compression pistons. In my opinion you don't have a built motor btw, I just see it as a refreshed motor with some nice cams, and springs & retainers. I'm not putting you or your turbo down, but I just don't want you to get your hopes up about putting down a bunch of power. I am with hand1222000 though. I doubt that you will put down 320whp on 15psi with that turbo. If you are able to then good for you!! I hope you do, but I doubt that you will. Thats my $.02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,296 Posts
Rockbmx1 said:
Just because you say you have a built motor doesn't mean that your car will instantly put down a ton of power to the ground. The motor helps handle high boost levels, but unless you have raised the compression then it wont make you gain power, it will only let you have the potential to make more with a large turbo that will flow a lot of cfm's and is pushing high boost levels. From what your profile says, you have 2g pistons, and those are 8:1 cr I believe, so you don't have high compression pistons. In my opinion you don't have a built motor btw, I just see it as a refreshed motor with some nice cams, and springs & retainers. I'm not putting you or your turbo down, but I just don't want you to get your hopes up about putting down a bunch of power. I am with hand1222000 though. I doubt that you will put down 320whp on 15psi with that turbo. If you are able to then good for you!! I hope you do, but I doubt that you will. Thats my $.02
I with Rockbmx1 same boat there. 320whp on 15 psi is WOW if you do put that down you must have a pretty Awesome tune and NO Knock what so ever. Good Luck Man Post the dyno sheet when completed.
 

·
Elite DSMtalker
Joined
·
694 Posts
avery155 said:
Hope your tubro doesnt blow like mine did, :( Good luck!

Was that a Bullseye M-Trim? if not, then how is this relevant? please elaborate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,070 Posts
hand1222000 said:
I with Rockbmx1 same boat there. 320whp on 15 psi is WOW if you do put that down you must have a pretty Awesome tune and NO Knock what so ever. Good Luck Man Post the dyno sheet when completed.
Despite timing getting pulled, having no knock isnt completely relevant.
Actually people making good power actually ARE knocking a little because it is tuned harder; especially depending what they are tuning with ... A zero knock tune would yeild less power on a lot of set ups ;)

But im not saying to go tune your car for knock, that is a different subject.
I have confidence that OP COULD make the numbers he claims on that turbo and 15psi if the tune is pushed hard enough and if his supporting mods are good, and there arent boost leaks.

Btw stock 2g pistons are 8:5.1
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top