DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave uses a ballbearing turbo from turbonetics. I dont know what it is, but im sure its garrett based.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know what wheel he(buschur)uses?or if the turbo is any good?ive heard its the one john shepard ran a 10.7 with

------------------
92laserawd

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,
Dave used a turbonetics T66 in his rwd.
But his 20G is the Mitsu 20g which is ported and clipped 10 degrees. This is what John used to run his time with. Not a turbonetics.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
921 Posts
what he really used is a mix match of parts, Dave has been doign this for years and so have many others. The ehxt wheel is a stock TDO-5 wheel and the compresser wheel is a garett wheel. looks to be a T3 family wheel but couls also be from the TE family. It looks like a P trim but I am not sure about that. measurement is unknown. I have one around that is blown maybe one day I will brake it down and measure it =-) but I know it is not a mitsu Wheel. A real 20G is what HRC sells and to be honest to many problems mounting them on DSM's with the stock manf.

------------------
Bill Marino
NYC DSM
[email protected]

·
Registered
250 Posts
From what I have read. (Isn't the info on his site?) The Buschur is just like any other 20G. TD06 compressor mated to a TD05 turbine side. Buschur's race setup has a 25 degree clip to it.

-Jay

·
Registered
83 Posts
From what I know Buschur's set-up is a straight 20g from Mitsu. And is one of the few true mitsu 20g's available from DSM vendors. It is ported and clipped 10 degrees.

The turbos that mix and match Mitsu and Garrett wheels are known as Franks. They are the biggest POS turbo available specifically for DSM's. You couldn't give me one of these to put on my car.

I believe Shepard may have run a 10.7 on a 20g. Not sure what he is running now. He was using Frank 5 last year and I believe he was very unhappy with that turbo. The best he could get out of it was a 10.64 on the bottle. Pretty pitiful considering he was running similar times on a staright 20g.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts