DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I believe it is probably a T3\T4 Garrett with a .57 trim compressor wheel. I bought the same turbo (not BR, for a lot less), but it is not installed yet. From what I hear and the way it feels in my friends Nissan NX 2000 it takes a while to spool but when it does you will fell like your are in hyperdrive...

------------------
90 GST
1\4 ???
HP ???
Under Major Construction!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm putting this turbo on my car. It's a Gasrret t3/t4 but who knows what trim....they keep that top secret. it's a wicked turbo and pushed Tym Switzers car to a 10.02 w/o nitrous. I believe this turbo is fully spooled by 3800-4000. MOre ifo to come later after I get the car dynoed adn soem miles on it.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Don't judge the turbo from your friends 200 NX :D it's isn't fair for that turbo to be on a car like that!! :) Yes it's a T3T4 combo and a .57 AR on the compresser wheel I THINK. Trim as Forcefed said is unknown but if you have one on had it's not TOP SECRET. it's in your hands isn't it ;-) There are only 6 wheels or so to pick from but different sizes. this is where it get's tricky.
:D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Does it still have the A/R ratios stamped on the compressor and turbine housing?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine says A\R .57

Why would Buschur call it a 57 if it wasn't?

You can pick four that I know of:
.60-1

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forcefed ,
Which exhaust manifold are you using with that?
Any other special mods to accomodate that size of a turbo?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got the BR57 on my 2g. It has full boost at 4k. I never got the car running right with it. My car has the crappy 2g head and I think that realy hurt me. I ran a best of 12.6 and 111mph. It has a 60series compressor and a 82 A.R housing. It also has some "special" mods that they won't tell you. The card that came with the turbo says it a TE60.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts