DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to buy a 95 gsx. Is there anything I should look for when buying this car? I've never had a turbo vehicle before so i really wouldn't know whether the turbo is in good working condition or not. and how about an engine with high miles? if the car has close the 100k, will I be okay with just regular tune up or will the engine have the be rebuilt?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I've never heard of the earlier production date 95 eclipses having crankwalk........it seems to be the later models 97 and later that have the problems. Plus, if the car has 100,000 miles on it, chances are pretty good that it dosen't have crankwalk. Most cars with crankwalk won't even start by about 60,000. Great car. Hope you get it.....

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
the engine most likely won't have to be rebuilt, but it might not be a bad idea if you plan on keeping it a while and modding it quite a bit.
Checking for crankwalk seems to be the most important aspect of buying a 7 bolt gsx/tsi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts