DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
almost done unistalling the cams. I found out 65ftlbs for the cam bolts but whats the bolts for the cam gears ?thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ok i'm confused. Your not talking about the caps for the cams being torqued to 65 ftlbs are you? Thats way to much.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I searched and said between 55-70 for the cam cap bolts. If thats not right whats it supose to be? I also need to know the timing gear where it bolts to the cam whats the spec on the bolt to hold it on there

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ok the bolt for the gear gets torqued to 58 - 72 ftlbs the caps get torqued to 14 -15 ft lbs.

straight out the old faithfull Haynes manual,, If you don't have one of these you need to get one.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah no problem. Good thing ya didn't go wrenching the caps down to 65, I've had to repair several heads where people have striped the threads on the cam caps, its a bitch.

ya need to grab a bat and go hunt down your manual, A friend like that who needs enemies.
:chair:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok the bolt for the gear gets torqued to 58 - 72 ftlbs the caps get torqued to 14 -15 ft lbs.

straight out the old faithfull Haynes manual,, If you don't have one of these you need to get one.
I am replacing the cam seals on a 2001 Mitsubishi eclipse gt 3.0 V6 and is that the same one? Just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hey brian9582, I am putting in new camshaft seals on a 2001 Eclipse gt 3.0 and wanted to make sure that I torque the bolts to the gears to specs. Can you please let me know, thank you.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Brian9582 hasn't been on dsmtalk since 2012. He probably won't ever answer your question.

This is a dsm forum, it only covers the 1990-99 Eclipse and they were all 4 cyl. So it might be tough to get your answer here. Try a "3g Eclipse" forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts