DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the process restoring a 4bolt rear assembly.

Does this bolt actually spin out or does it just slide out?

I'm assuming the same for the caster bolts?

Also what does removing this bolt allow me to do?

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Yes, the eccentric should just slide out like the other that you have. They get seized in bushings all the time. Use a good antiseize when you assemble everything and put it everywhere, lol.

The bolt that you removed in the trailing arm allows you to do nothing unless theres a torch involved and you're burning out the toe link bushings to put in a toe link eliminator. I'm guessing you'll be putting poly bushings in the toe ends? If not you could go with the toe link elimator from JayRacing.com. Oh and for new eccentrics you can hit up JNZtuning.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
4G63 POWER said:
Yeah i ordered some from jay racing.
They look pretty sick I think. Just got my subframe back from Bonehead Performance for some Mirror Black.

Also here's some pics I took while doing the install, http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/Built2Drive/Toe Link Eliminator/ I actually did things a little different since the bushing shell that you're suppose to slide the 'slug' into was badly rusted, i cut it off and spaced things out. PM me if you're interested for more details.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good, i'm researching zinc coating my rear assembly instead of powder coating.

zinc chromate or zinc dichromate

The only thing holding me back is after i'm done prepping the metal i think the dimples & pock marks will be visible & not look to good when plated. Powder coating at least will fill in most of them.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
4G63 POWER said:
Looks good, i'm researching zinc coating my rear assembly instead of powder coating.

zinc chromate or zinc dichromate

The only thing holding me back is after i'm done prepping the metal i think the dimples & pock marks will be visible & not look to good when plated. Powder coating at least will fill in most of them.
I'm guessing thats what on most stock parts, as in mitsu endlinks for sway bars? That stuff just does not hold up in New England winters from my experience. Maybe what you've found it stronger. I'm hoping the powdercoat will hold up. I can also get under my car to clean more often, so I hope that too will prolong the finishing.

Either way good luck, I'll keep an eye out.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's on some stock parts, but even though awd dsm's are so fun to drive in the snow, once i restore the underbody & suspension on my car it won't be seeing any winters :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts