DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im buying wheels and an eibach prokit in the future along with a rear camber kit. the front cant be helped correct? anyways my question is, during the winter when i put my stock wheels back on, is the camber kit going to give too much positive camber for my rear tires and eat them up? they lay down a lot of ice salt on the roads in the winter here and I dont wanna mess up my wheels so im gonna use the stock ones during the winter...thanks for the input

·
Registered
143 Posts
with a pro kit it only drops it about 1.3"(?). That drop, according to what ive read, doesnt really require a camber kit. I mean if theres no technical reason other than tire wear for the camber kit, i wouldnt even bother. The eibachs only drop it about an inch, its not until u get to 1.5 and lower that you have to start worrying about camber. Theoretically, the camber kits would give u positive camber (if u didnt adjust them) when u put ur stock wheels back on. I wouldn't bother with a camber kit but if u did, make it urself, search on here or the vfaq for those instructions.
Also i believe the front camber can be adjusted, just not as easily as the back.

·
Registered
392 Posts
RRE has the rear camber kit for $40. It contains longer bolts and washers to correct the camber. IMO, it's worth purchasing for the meager price, or put one together yourself from the vfaq.

If youhave a 1g, Victory Performace sells a front camber correction for $31. More cheap insurance.
http://www.victoryperformance.com/product/Detail.cfm?ProductID=611

If you have a 2g, front camber correction gets more expensive.
$120 for adjustable bushings, or
$190 for adjustable upper control arm bolts, or
$280 for adjustable upper ball joints

If you think you have suspension damage from driving through potholes, hopping curbs, etc, then you may need the camber kits to get you back to spec.

Definitely get an alignment after you install the suspension no matter what.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts