DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a boost controller switch boost levels by which gear you're in? Say like go from 14 psi in 1st and 2nd then boost up to 16 or so in 3rd, 4th and 5th?

Just wondering cuz fwd blows.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
What else have u tried to do to combat wheel spin and wheel hop? What tires are you running? Do you have stock suspension? aftermarket? motor mounts? RRE's lower stress bar? ect, ect, ect.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty much all stock. Just lowered my psi in all tires from 40psi to 35 psi. Who ever I bought the car from had 40 psi in them. I was thinking about installing some motor mounts. Which ones are the easiest to install? Are they any good? I rather have performance then a cheap fix.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's really not that hard to set up the AVC-R to do it - you have to let the AVC-R learn the gears to start with. It figures out gearing by the ratio of the speed sensor input to RPM - real simple to set up, too.

Tuning in your boost by gear can take a little time, but that's no surprise. You can lower or raise your duty cycle for each gear.

The new Blitz SBC-ID also does it, but you have to have the Power Meter to go with it, which adds considerably to the cost.

Dale

·
Registered
106 Posts
Why don't you get the little thing that attaches to the steering wheel for the porfec B? Also if you mount it close enough you can turn the knobs while you are driving...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts