DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted earlier about my timing belt that keeps getting loose between the intake cam to the oil sprocket. i know i havent used the tool that pulls on the timing belt tensioner like in the manual ,where do i get one at? I have a new belt, pulleys, & timing belt tensioner. the book says that you make sure that the tensioner pulley has the 2 holes on the bottom, like 5oclock&7 which i did & it was to loose so i slide it over to 6;30& 4:30 still to loose. seems to me that my tensioner loosens up after i shut off my engine? could my new tensioner be bad? its the factory one i just bought. so can i bump the cam sprockets up a tooth?

·
Premium Member
9,818 Posts
Hi William,

Welcome to the forums. We do have rules with regards to posting using capitalized letters (i.e. the shift key). The rest of your posting looks ok.

You can make a timing belt tool if you buy die to cut the thread deeper on a battery tiedown. You can learn more about doing the timing belt job from VFAQ.com. There is a ton of great information there.

You can find timing belt tools on e-bay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.