DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

car feels restricted by something

646 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  greenstreak 
#1 ·
okay i have had a couple of people drive my car and they tell me that it feels like it's being restricted by something but none of us can figure out what it is. im on a b16g and 10psi but im told that it should pull a lot harder than it is even though it's only on 10psi. by the way, i went to the track and ran mostly 17's and one 16, so now you see what i mean. what could it be?

i dont have my logger yet, should get it sometime this week. my car is running really good, so should i just wait til i get my logger to check everything out, or is there anything that i can check right now. thanks

#2 ·
Do you have an auto or manual? Also, what kind of tuning device are you using? You really need some sort of a logger to determine if you car is running "good."

But things you can check now are items such as spark plugs and wires. Check your timing, make sure your brakes are fully disengaging, do a leak test, check out the free mods if you havn't already done them or replaced the parts. You'll see the most results though most likely in tuning your car to get the most out of your setup.

#4 ·
im running really rich if that could be it. i thought i might have an exhaust leak somewhere but it may have just been the fan. i know my car gets really really hot every time i drive it, and i could just go around the corner early in the morning when it's cool outside and it will still feel like i had just drove it 2 hours really hard.

but i dont have my datalogger just yet, it should be here this week. my mods are b16g, 550's that i have to put in (450's in right now), 190 fuel pump, safc II, 3" full turbo back exhaust, 6 bolt swap and that's basically it. and oh yea, it's 5sp manual

#5 ·
da kang3 said:
im running really rich if that could be it. i thought i might have an exhaust leak somewhere but it may have just been the fan. i know my car gets really really hot every time i drive it, and i could just go around the corner early in the morning when it's cool outside and it will still feel like i had just drove it 2 hours really hard.

but i dont have my datalogger just yet, it should be here this week. my mods are b16g, 550's that i have to put in (450's in right now), 190 fuel pump, safc II, 3" full turbo back exhaust, 6 bolt swap and that's basically it. and oh yea, it's 5sp manual
running rich could be one of the causes
another cause is exhaust leak that you mentioned, it can cause your turbo too spool slower

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.