DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like what the title states, i replaced the caps in my ECU and now my car is having problems starting cold ill start the car and then it'll just die, it doesnt really start to run until about 10 starts later, but recently now it hesitates and when i step on the gas it sounds / seems like the gas is going some where else other then where it needs to go, feels like it wants to die but doesnt, it feels like the cat and the cat back muffler piping is seperating and cause major power decrease its a scary thing and i have made sure my spark plug wires are in securely so i dont know, the ecu was fixed locally and professionaly.
and i have put fuel system cleaner in there.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
883 Posts
when u push on the gas peddle does the rpms go down, then when u let off the gas, does it jump up?? cause I was having the same problem, change the ecu, just because it was rebuilt, it might still be bad

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea it has that problem from time to time, like the other day after starting it over and over and over i finally got it to idle correctly but when i was driving it did what you are describing and it feels like the gas is going somewhere else its strange oh and it also has this growl sound when it does it.

well i had it rebuilt because i couldnt find another ECU in my area and i searched everywhere and i dont want to speed 500 another ecu, im going to take it back to where i had it rebuilt but i wanted to know what it might be so when i go down there i can act like im educated because i know nothing about ECU's.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link but i dont like to send electronics through mail, i like to talk to people face to face and shake hands on a deal, ill take it back to where i had mine done and talk to him about it and see what he comes up with,i have a 1 year warranty, i just wanted to see what other peoples thoughts were on this subject.

thanks!! :cool:

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Most used ecu's for 1g n/t's are in the range of ~$100..

If the ecu is still busted, you might want to just grab another used one

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats my dilemma, i cant find any in my area, i have called the dealership,car electrical shops,u-pull-its and junkyards, and i havent found a used one yet, so i had my exsisting ecu re-cap'd for $200, but i noticed a while back ago the leakage was eating the solder off of R21 i think and im not sure if he re solder'd it because it has that sticker when you pull it off it says "VOID" all over, i need to get the 90 GS back in the garage so i can pull the ecu again and have him take a look, so my only solution to this problem is have mine fixed.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Ship it by USPS with delivery conformation. Electronics are not damaged by Xrays.
Steve's a goog guy.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Also just to let u know I am having the same problem, I have three ecu's at the moment, I have a 91 eagle talon tsi awd, and I found out that even though they say a non turbo doesn't work in a turbo car, they do, it just the boost gauge does work, cause I have non-turbo ecu, a 90 eclipe ecu turbo, and a 91 ealge talon tsi that I just bought from ebay with rebuilt caps, and the two turbo ecu do not work, (and yes I know u have to changed the two wires if your running a 90 ecu), so it is your ecu and for 200 bucks, there a guy on ebay that has like new ecu for 200 and garntees them to work.. but if u can find a non turbo laying around, put it in and see what happends

·
Registered
24 Posts
, so i had my exsisting ecu re-cap'd for $200, :eek:

I live here in portland as well, I take my ecu's to a tv repair shop in beverton, on farmington next to kuni cadillac. If you can take it in why the younger son is working sometimes hell replace caps for 10$ max 40$ if anyone else is working. they do exelent work and have all the caps and parts in stock..

I have a extra 90 ecu for sale its turbo, maybe it can be rigged not shure..

Who did you take it to for 200$????

Any tv repair shop should be able to do this job in under 20min. Mitsu is mitsu there tv computers are the same manufacture as out ECU's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts